I hav a friend dianose w/ TB meningitis and now she is under treatment of TB meds (ripe) is dat means she hav active TB in lungs and is dat contagious?

David Miller
In brief: Maybe
I'm sorry to hear that your friend has meningitis.
She has an infection in the membranes covering her brain and spinal cord. In this case, the organism is the same one that causes tuberculosis. This does not mean that she necessarily has TB in her lungs but she may be contagious. However, she will likely need lots of help and support from friends such as yourself.

In brief: Maybe
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Nela Cordero
In brief: TB MENINGITIS
Tb meningitis is contagious similar to other meningitis of different etiology.
Active ptb spread hematogenously to other parts of the body like the meninges. It is the most serious TB infection.

In brief: TB MENINGITIS
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Nela Cordero