I suffer with abdominal pain around the navel between the rib cage and lower abdomen. I had a colonoscopy which ended up with an IBS diagnosis. Help?

Dr. Robert Greer

In brief: Treatable

Although we can't cure ibs-irritable bowel syndrome- you and your dr have many options to try and control the symptoms.
I recommend you keep a very careful diary of everything you eat and find the "triggers"that aggrivate your gut.We know stress makes it worse;can you get help here?If diarrhea is most problematic we can use antispasmodics;if constipation we can use stool softeners or even mild laxi.

In brief: Treatable

Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Vicken Poochikian