Is switching from ritalin (methylphenidate) to nuvigil a good alternative for ADHD ?

Dr. Mark Reynolds

In brief: Maybe

Nuvigil is related to provigil.
Provigil showed effectiveness in adhd in children, but did not get approved due to possible rash. Generally the stimulants are thought to be most effective, however that is not true for everyone. If you are having anxiety or other side effects to the ritalin, (methylphenidate) Nuvigil may be effective, thought it may take a couple weeks to see the full effect once the dose is right.

In brief: Maybe

Nuvigil is related to provigil.
Dr. Mark Reynolds
Dr. Mark Reynolds
Dr. Kevin Olson

In brief: Maybe

Nuvigil is sometimes used to treat adhd.
It is a narclrpsy med. I do not use it for adhd in young patients, but adults do very well on it.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Kevin Olson
Dr. Kevin Olson
Dr. Cindy Juster