How often should I work out?

Varies based on goal. In general, i recommend people exercise at least 30 minutes a day, 4 days a week. However, this varies greatly depending on current fitness level, desired outcome, other medical problems, etc. Best to consult with your doctor before embarking on any vigorous exercise program.
As often as you like. You can safely work out as often as you like but should vary your routine and specific muscle groups that you focus on. Generally speaking, it is a good idea to take a least a day of rest in any given week to allow for tissue/body recuperation.