I can't seem to get my iron level up any reccomendations?

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: Low iron

See your fp/pcp for tests that may suggest the cause of your anemia (iron, iron binding capacity, ferritin, complete blood count, serum protein & albumin).
Be ready to provide info about unusual bleeding: heavy periods, irregular periods, nosebleeds, rectal bleeding, coughing/spitting up blood.

In brief: Low iron

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Recommendations

Iron is absorbed in the stomach.
Many health conditions may lead to poor iron absorption. If you have been on a prescription dose of iron supplementation for at least 3 months, and the iron level is not normalizing, further evaluation is necessary. See your health care provider.

In brief: Recommendations

Iron is absorbed in the stomach.
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Marsha Davis