My boyfriend gums have been hurting really bad he has glossed and brushed his teeth he says the pain goes up to his ear?

See a dentist ASAP. A tooth abscess or gum abscess won't go away without treatment. A dental abscess is a collection of pus that forms in your teeth or gums as a result of a bacterial infection. Take Tylenol (acetaminophen) or NSAIDs OTC for pain control. Dentist will treat a tooth abscess by draining it and getting rid of the infection. See your dentist ASAP.
Professional care. Brushing and flossing only go so far in keeping your teeth and gums healthy. They are not a substitute for dental treatment. Pain radiating to the ear is more than gingival irritation. Your bf needs to see a dentist pronto.. make the call for an appointment.
Good. I'm glad your boyfriend is both flossing and brushing, but if his gums hurt he's overdue for Professional Care. Please ask him to call his Dentist for an emergency appointment, and get there as soon as possible. If not, his problem will probably continue to worsen. The Dentist can do wonders to help him, if he will only call.