Can a really bad crying episode during pregnancy cause enough oxygen deprivation that the baby gets Cerebral palsy?

Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Crying spell

A bad crying spell will not deprive your fetus of oxygen and your baby will not get CP from your crying

In brief: Crying spell

Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: No

If you are alert enough to do the work of crying, baby is getting plenty of oxygen.
It is difficult to deal with the waiting & worrying. There is a lot we don't know about CP. It is rare & most times we never figure out why it happens, but as someone who has studied this in detail, I am confident this did not hurt baby.

In brief: No

Dr. Eric Weisman