How will radiation therapy affect my sex life?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Unpredictable

Radiation has a hardening and drying effect over the skin of the treated area and my affect sweat glands and nerve endings causing lack of sensation or paresthesis ( numbness, tingling).
If radiation is placed inside the vagina will dry and harden the area. In short... Is unpredictable.

In brief: Unpredictable

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Reza Shirazi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Transient worsening

If pelvic organs are in the field ( example, vagina) one may experience transient worsening of symptoms during and a couple of weeks after. Depending on the dose and field treated ( pelvic fields) there can be some long term effect of mild worsening.

In brief: Transient worsening

Dr. Reza Shirazi
Dr. Reza Shirazi