What should I know about breast milk storage?

Follow CDC guideline. The CDC puts out breastfeeding recommendations with guidelines on storage. Follow these. Always store milk in the back of the fridge or freezer where it is coolest. Store in sterilized bottles or bags. Never refreeze milk after it has been frozen and never thaw in microwave. Briefly on countertop milk is good for 6 hours, fridge for 5 days and freezer for 3-6months.
Clean good equipment. Wash hands and use solid, clean containers. Add labels with info about date and time stored and expressed. Milk at room temp is safe 6-8 hrs. In fridge, safe a week or so. Frozen, milk is safe for 6-12 months. Thaw oldest milk first and thaw in warm running water or a bowl of water. Never thaw at room temperature or with hit water. Rethawed milk separates so gently stir it again do not shake it.