My wife has swollen jaw, 102 fever, backache and has had one vomiting last night. Took penicillin antibiotic. Is it mumps? She has pain in swollen jaw

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice
In brief: ABCESS, get seen
I recommend getting seen and possibly getting a stat ct scan to look for an organized abcess (pus collection).
This abcess may need incision & drainage (w/ cultures) to determine what the best antibiotic choice, however the surgery is usually the proper treatment. High fever, body aches, vomiting are signs of systemic infection (bacteria in blood) so i would go right away! hope your better soon!

In brief: ABCESS, get seen
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Swollen jaw and feve
She needs to be examined by a doctor to find out if it is parotidis, or infection in cheek or dental infection.
I will advice you see md asapbr go to er.She may need antibiotics.

In brief: Swollen jaw and feve
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Adam Smith