Why do I have problems staying calm?

Dr. Robert Woods
In brief: Recognizing Control
I am reminded of the serenity prayer often recited at 12-step meetings, "god grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, courage to change the things i can, and wisdom to know the difference".
Attributed to theologian reinhold niebuhr. It is difficult to remain calm when one tries to control something uncontrollable. Take a deep look inside and see what you can and can't control.

In brief: Recognizing Control
Dr. Robert Woods
Dr. Robert Woods
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Thanks for the reminder, Dr. Woods!
Dr. M. Jay Petruska
In brief: Staying Calm
See your primary care physician for further evaluation.
Medications and/or counseling may be appropriate. A referral to a mental health professional may be warranted.

In brief: Staying Calm
Dr. M. Jay Petruska
Dr. M. Jay Petruska
Dr. Gregg Friedman
Gregg L. Friedman MD Psychiatrist agrees
Dr. Eric Weisman