I am getting severe muscle spasms on the left just under my rib cage. It is painful & I have to wait unable to move until I actually feel it release.

Dr. Eric Weisman
Neurology

In brief: Pulled muscle

can do this. Other conditions that can cause pain in this area include Gall bladder disease, pleurisy and heart disease.
Your description sounds like you may have stretched too far and pulled a muscle. If you have shortness of breath, sweating, fever or the problem does not resolve see a doctor.

In brief: Pulled muscle

Dr. Richard Zimon

In brief: More info needed

More information.
. What starts the spasm. Other symptoms??? What kind of actviity ????? Sports?? Ask question again for help!! Dr Z

In brief: More info needed

More information.
Dr. Eric Weisman