I have a bad cough from sinus infection that has gotten worse and now my chest hurts extremely bad when I cough, taking augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate)?

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Who gave u Rx?

Whoever the doctor was that prescribed Augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate) is the person you should go see asap.
If you did this yourself, go get help from a qualified person.

In brief: Who gave u Rx?

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Possibilities...

A sinus infection can cause bronchospasm, an etiology for cough.
You may need a bronchodilator as well as steroid inhalers to treat this bronchospasm so that your cough will resolve. Your chest discomfort is likely musculoskeletal which will resolve once the cough resolves completely. If you smoke, you need to quit to decrease airway inflammation. Return to your doctor for this treatment.

In brief: Possibilities...

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
You are most welcome!! Hope you are feeling better real soon and have a great day, too!!
Dr. Umesh Patel