How can I prepare my nipples for breastfeeding?

Dr. Laura Webb

In brief: Relaxation

Your body is producing the necessary hormones during pregnancy to prepare you for breastfeeding.
The most important thing is to relax and not stress about it. Teaching your baby the correct latch, breastfeeding early on (in delivery room if possible!) and breastfeeding frequenty (10-12 times daily) in the first couple of days will best prepare your breasts successful breastfeeding.

In brief: Relaxation

Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Jay Park

In brief: See below

Most women does not need an elaborate preparation.
A mother with inverted nipples may benefit from using a breast shell inside the brassiere in the last months of pregnancy to facilitate the eversion.

In brief: See below

Dr. Jay Park
Dr. Jay Park