I have gallstones do I need to get my gallbladder removed?

Symptoms or polyp. If gallbladder polyp also present then a ccy should be considered.
Possibly not... Stones in the gallbladder (gb) seldom cause symptoms unless they migrate into the neck of the gb (& block exit of bile) or into the common bile duct. Symptomless gallstones may be diagnosed by chance by imaging or during investigation for some other condition. Only 10% become symptomatic within 5 years of detection. Ultrasound, ct scan, mrcp finds stones; cck-hida scan can tell if gb is diseased.
Gall stones. Gall stones if these are asymptomatic do not need to be removed.Cholesterol gall stones can be dissolved with ursodeoxycholic acid, sometime you can get relief by ERCP procedure, these can be broken by extracorporeal shock wave lithtropsy.Gall bladder removal has 99% chance of avoiding recurrence of the gall stones.Alternative medicine hasll bladder flush have been reported in lancet, but bebatable.