I had a UA done and the protein level came back as 32.8. My rheum didn't say anything about it though...I also had crystals, RBC, WBC and bacteria. ?

Dr. Rex Mahnensmith

In brief: UA protein and cells

The cells in the urine are bothersome; the interpretation depends upon context -- was this a clean catch? Do you have symptoms of UTI? OR - is this an indication of a kidney problem that is brewing -- producing protein spillage and red blood cells and white blood cells into urine? Interpretation of protein in urine requires a ratio: Protein-to-creatinine ratio -- did the MD assess this?

In brief: UA protein and cells

Dr. Rex Mahnensmith
Dr. Rex Mahnensmith
Dr. Peter Kurzweil