How do doctors confirm pregnancy because I had been examined and my doctor told me nothing I could understand?

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Pregnancy test

Doctors would do a urine pregnancy test just like you would do at home.
If there was some reason to question the result than the doctor might do a blood pregnancy test. This is how you confirm a pregnancy

In brief: Pregnancy test

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Wayne Ingram

In brief: Early pregnancy exam

An early pregnancy physical exam within 1 to 2 weeks post late period usually does not produce uterine enlargement or clear signs of pregnancy.
However, it is important that you be able to communicate with your MD in an understandable way-thus ask for an explanation from him/her.

In brief: Early pregnancy exam

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Adam Levy