Upper arm hurts after I bowl. Do I see sports medicine or ortho doc?

Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine
In brief: Either
A sports med doc may be the best suited to see you since you have pain with a sporting activity; however, if you already trust a local orthopedist, then there's a very good chance he/she should be able to help you with this problem.

In brief: Either
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine
In brief: Ortho/ sports area
I would see an orthopedic surgeon who is involved with the treatment of athletes and who also participates in sports himself.
I think that would provide both the underlying knowledge and understanding from both a physical and emotional aspect.

In brief: Ortho/ sports area
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Stephen Daquino
Sports Medicine
In brief: Either one
A primary care sports medicine doctor can likely diagnose and treat your problem, but if is something that requires surgery they will refer you to ortho.
Ortho would also be able to see you, diagnose and treat, but of course would not need to refer you. It honestly boils down to you finding a doc you can relate to, have an easy time talking to and asking question, and that you trust.

In brief: Either one
Dr. Stephen Daquino
Dr. Stephen Daquino
Dr. Christopher Dougherty
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Arm pain
Pain only after bowling on the front can be from several sources.
I would start with a sports medicine specialist to determine what you can do to help your arm. If that fails then i would likely seek out the surgeon. The only caveat to that would be if your ortho doc is a sports medicine specialist, i would start there.

In brief: Arm pain
Dr. Christopher Dougherty
Dr. Christopher Dougherty
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine