I am deathly allergic to Sulfa meds, my doc just scribed me MELOXICAM for back pain & muscle cramps, does it have sulfa in it?

Yes, close enough to. avoid.Meloxicam is in a group of drugs called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) Meloxicam is chemically designated as 4-hydroxy-2-methyl-N-(5-methyl-2-thiazolyl)-2H-1,2-benzothiazine-3-carboxamide-1,1-dioxide.It does contain sulfa, although not the typical sulfonamide structure which typically occurs in those with sulfa allergies.However, given your allergies, most would say to avoid.
No. Meloxicam's chemical structure is not similar to a sulfonamide. Most NSAIDS can be taken by patients allergic to Sulfa EXCEPT FOR CELEBREX (celecoxib). CELEBREX should never be taken by people allergic to Sulfa because part of it's chemical structure is similar to Sulfa.