I have an itchy sensation on the lips near my urethra but not near my vagina. I don't think it's a yeast infection, what could it be?

Dr. Jodi Ritsch

In brief: Irritation?

It could be from soap or laundry detergent is they have perfume/dyes in them. Try soaking in a plain water bath and sleeping without underwear. If symptoms continue, see your doctor.

In brief: Irritation?

Dr. Vitaliy Krol
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Vaginal itch

Vaginal itch, even around urethra still most commonly due to yeast infection.
Occasionally it can also be due to hypersensitivity reaction to some creams or soaps. Also if it's strictly urethral it may be due to some foods and drinks that get filtered through kidneys into urine, such as certain juices and spices or even medications

In brief: Vaginal itch

Dr. Jane Van Dis