What are the advantages, cpsts of telemedicine?

In brief: Telemedicine.
I don't know the cost.
However, a huge advantage of telemedicine is that it can bring health care to remote areas or to populations that are under-served.

In brief: Telemedicine.
I don't know the cost.
2 comments
Dr. Seema Khosla
The American Telemedicine Association has a good deal of data - telemedicine saves money in rural areas. We have done this for 5 years and have saved physician travel costs, patient travel costs, and have seen patients who otherwise would not have been served. It is not for everyone nor applicable to every field of medicine but for sleep medicine, it has worked well.
Thanks for this great info Dr. Khosla.
Dr. Leonard Lado
In brief: Telepsychiatry
The bureau of justice statistics estimated that 705, 600 mentally ill adults were incarcerated in state prisons, 78, 800 in federal prisons and 479, 900 in local jails.
The nation's psychiatric workforce will be short more than 22, 500 physicians by 2015, experts and officials predicted. It seems that americans are in the midst of a raging epidemic of mental illness. Telepsychiatry will reach out.

In brief: Telepsychiatry
Dr. Leonard Lado
Dr. Leonard Lado