Why am I having teeth pain, and what can I take?

Dr. Maurice Lindly
Dentistry

In brief: See your dentist.

Tooth pain is never a good sign and to mask your symptoms by taking pain meds does nothing to help the cause of your pain.
Seek diagnosis and treatment from your dentist immediately to avoid more severe pain. The sooner you have treatment the less likely you are to lose your tooth or have to have endodontic (root canal) treatment.

In brief: See your dentist.

Dr. Maurice Lindly
Dr. Maurice Lindly
Dr. Michael Green
Dentistry

In brief: Ibuprofen

For the short term, Ibuprofen works wonderfully in 400-800 mg doses every 6 hours as needed for pain! however, only a thorough exam along with xrays by your dentist can determine what is causing your tooth pain!

In brief: Ibuprofen

Dr. Michael Green
Dr. Michael Green
Dr. Michael Dansie

In brief: See a dentist

There are many different causes of tooth pain.
Some of them could be irritation of the gums, some could be cavities. I would try switching to a different toothpaste to see if this helps, otherwise you should see your dentist.

In brief: See a dentist

Dr. Michael Dansie
Dr. Michael Dansie