My period is 4 days late, on the 3rd day I spotted once. I had a normal pap within 30 days. I had a tubal ligation done 5 years ago. I have low iron.

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Probably normal

I believe you are experiencing the surprise of a woman who has always had regular periods & for the first time something is a little different.
The tubal ligation essentially assures that you are not pregnant. Being 4 days late is really in the normal range..these changes may increase as you age. Good rule of thumb: OK to watch/wait for 10-14 days before contacting provider.

In brief: Probably normal

Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham