Sudden severe headache in back of head. What can help?

Severe headache. A headache is a symptom, caused by some underlying condition. Sudden, severe headaches require attention and probable deserve imaging such at cat scans or mris. The best medical consideration is to seek personalized medical advise in a visit to your doctor, where age, family history and a good physical can be obtained.
See a dr. Headaches can come from fatigue, sleeping too much or too little, eye strain, sleep apnea, snoring, being dehydrated, having chronic sinusitis or allergies, too much caffeine or over the counter headache medication, high blood pressure or something more serious like a tumor. See your doctor and get checked.