Differentiate type1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes?

Diabetes. 37 M asks: Differentiate type 1 and type2 diabetes. But does not ask how much detail. ANS: I would google this for detailed answer. In brief: 2 is inherited, 1 is not. 1 develops suddenly, 2 does not. 2 associated with obesity 1 usually not. 1 requires insulin. no insulin u die. , 2 does not till advanced. 1 shortens life much more than 2. 1 much more likely to go blind and end up on dialysis.
Type 1. usually starts at younger age before 20 and people are usually thin. Type 2 usually occurs in older people and people are generally overweight. however lately Type 2 has been seen in obese teens and TYp1 can be seen in older people also. after some years when pancreatic islet cells are burnt out Type 2 can behave like Type 1. For type 1 insulin is the only treatment. for type 2 oral agents are use.