What causes pubic bone pain in pregnant women?

Let me help. Pubic bone pain in pregnancy is also know as pubic symphysis diastasis. This is where, usually in later pregnancy, the hormone relaxin causes the pelvis, particularly at the pubic bone, to loosen. In general, this is a good thing as it makes birth easier for mom and baby. However, sometimes the separation is exaggerated and can become quite pain for the mother at the end of pregnancy .
Let me explain. Pubic bone pain in pregnancy is also know as pubic symphysis diastasis. This is where, usually in later pregnancy, the hormone relaxin causes the pelvis, particularly at the pubic bone, to loosen. In general, this is a good thing as it makes birth easier for mom and baby. However, sometimes the separation is exaggerated and can become quite pain for the mother at the end of pregnancy .
Relaxin. During pregnancy your placenta releases a hormone called Relaxin that softens your connective cartilage; this will allow your pelvis to open during childbirth but can also lead to pain/hip instability/pubic symphyseal separation, which can be painful. Exercising your stabilizer muscles can help; you may also consider buying a pelvic girdle/belly band for compression/support.