What's involved in physiotherapy on your knees?

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: See below

It usually involves strenghtening exercises of the muscles that cross the knee and also stretching tight muscles that may impact knee function.
It sometimes may also be treatments to decrease pain and inflammation in the knee. The exercises progress from easy ones to harder ones and then to exercises that may simulate some sports activity if the person is an athlete who is trying to get back

In brief: See below

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine

In brief: Many components

Physical therapy for the knee might include ice, heat, ultrasound, and electrical stimulation.
It would also include massage, stretching, and specific exercises to treat the injury that is being addressed. I believe it to be an important component to the recovery after surgery or a fracture to resume regular activities and minimize the chance for injury recurrence.

In brief: Many components

Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Jeffrey Sider