I use nursing as a means to get my child back to sleep, What alternative method works once you stop nursing?

In brief: Sleep training

You may need to train your child to go to sleep without associating it with feeding.
Put him down to bed when he is tired but still awake. Let him put himself to sleep, in the crib alone, with a night light in the room. If he falls asleep, then wakes in the night, he will see that he's in the same place and it is safe to go back to sleep. It will take practice, but you will both sleep better!

In brief: Sleep training

Dr. CHERYL COLDWATER
Dr. CHERYL COLDWATER
Dr. Shontae Buffington