Is there a connection between stomach cancer and colorectal cancer?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: No?

In practical terms there is not.
Gastric or "stomach cancer" is more common in japan, iceland, chile and costa rica were "volcanic" soil is common and diet is rich in fruit and vegetables. Colon cancer is common in societies ( like usa) were diet is poor in fiber & diet relies on more refined foods (from canned or processed food). I guess one can metastasize into the other. Exceptions do exist.

In brief: No?

In practical terms there is not.
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Marsha Davis

In brief: Maybe

But only in the rare case of non-hereditary polyposis colorectal cancer is there an association.
It is an extremely rare inherited condition(nhpcc).

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery