I am nine days into a narcotic detoxand am finally feeling better. Scared about after it ends?

Dr. Thomas Karelis
In brief: Continue to get help
If you are being treated for narcotic addiction, i say keep on the program.The fact that you are feeling better is a good sign.
You are breaking the chemical addiction.The fact that you are worried about going through life without narcotics tells me that you need more help with the psychological addiction.You need counseling to explore how you became addicted and how to keep it from happening again.

In brief: Continue to get help
Dr. Thomas Karelis
Dr. Thomas Karelis
Dr. Paul Reynolds
Pain Management
In brief: Take it easy
It actually takes 2-3 months for the central effects of the opiates / narcitics to fully ease off.
But feeling better can and is associated with being more in control and less medicated as well as finding better balance in your approach to managing pain!

In brief: Take it easy
Dr. Paul Reynolds
Dr. Paul Reynolds
Dr. Vikram Patel