Are some people more likely to get colorectal cancer?

Justin Fuehrer
Emergency Medicine
There is a higher risk of getting colorectal cancer if it runs in a person's family, they have a genetic abnormality, and/or they have ulcerative colitis.
There are likely others, but these are the ones that immediately come to my mind.

Justin Fuehrer
Justin Fuehrer
Answer assisted by Justin Fuehrer, Medical Student
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology
In brief: Diets heavy
In processed meats (bologna, salami, etc) and low in fresh fruits and vegtables are more likely to be at risk.
Family history and genetics play a role in cause as well (lynch syndrom, polyps). The latter are prominant in young people. Bowel habit change and blood are reason for assessment at any age. See your doctor.

In brief: Diets heavy
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery