Is there a male menopause?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
I believe it. Andropause is not completely like menopause as the men's testosterone production does not completely stop but there is a gradual decrease in it that it can cause some problem similar to menopause.
It's not a recognized medical condition (no billable code for the doc on icd-10) but hypogonadism is a similar and more appropriate term and accepted.

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine
In brief: Andropause
Yes men enter the same hormonal decline as women but instead of an abrupt cessation they go through a 20 year decline.
As testosterone drops they can feel fatigues, lose muscle and bone mass, have more irritability as well as depression, put on weight in the mid section, low energy, hot flashes as well. This can be treated with testosterone replacement by qualified physicians.

In brief: Andropause
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel