30y/o, history of GERD + esophagus tender, take Zantac (ranitidine). Now have dysphagia lump in throat feeling 4 a week+. If I go to ER will they test for cancer?

No. The Emergency Room is for emergencies, such as appendicitis, heart attacks, car accidents, etc... A primary care doctor can look for cancer, and can refer to specialists for help (such as a gastroenterologist who specializes in the stomach and esophagus).
No. If you go to ER they will not test for cancer. That is not the purpose of ER. See your regular doctor or an ear, nose and throat doctor.
No. GERD and dysphagia is not an issue dealt with in the emergency room unless totally obstructed . Best to see GI physician to get an esophagram and do upper endoscopy which will resolve the issue. The sensation of a lump in the throat is Globus pharyngis also known as globus sensation, globus or, somewhat outdatedly, globus hystericus. If an abnormal area seen it would then be biopsied.

Related Questions

30y/o female. History of GERD many yrs and increasing esophageal tenderness. Suddenly have dysphagia lump in throat feeling for over a week. Cancer?

Un-likely. The incidence at under age 35 is less than 1 in 100,000 per year http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/cancer-info/cancerstats/types/oesophagus/incidence/uk-oesophageal-cancer-incidence-statistics#By2 that is around the risk of death from wild animal attack (I am imcluding deer and car accidents, though). ON the other hand, the risk of GERD is 100%! and it can cause scar to occlude the esophagus. Read more...
Probably not cancer. Cancer is possible but is very unlikely at your young age of 30. It is more likely that you have developed esophageal irritation and possible a stricture or narrowing of the distal esophagus. You need to see a gastroenterologist or surgeon for an endoscopy to evaluate the dysphagia. You should be on an acid blocker if you are not on one already. Good luck! Read more...