Braces, cut lips, pain. Do I call orthodontist?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: Absolutely!
Until you see Orthodontist take 1 200mg Advil/Motrin/Ibuprofen 4x/day w food or liquids, at the same time rinse w 1tsp salt in 8 oz warm water, coat the "sticker" w dental wax (not gum), and dab Orabse-B onto sore spots w Q-tip.

In brief: Absolutely!
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: Yes, wax
using some dental wax should alleviate the immediate pain and chaffing, but its always a good idea to discuss with you orthodontist

In brief: Yes, wax
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dr. David Schleimer
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: Call your ortho
For these problems, call your orthodontist.
He or she should have given you prepared materials to read, wax to use, and as part of the treatment process have discussed with you how these things occur and what to do to take care of them. There are very few orthodontic emergencies, however if there is, i tell my patients to call me and we can get together asap to figure out a "cure".

In brief: Call your ortho
Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. Luis Villaplana
In brief: ABSOLUTELY, PLEASE
Do. Sounds like they need re adjusted.

In brief: ABSOLUTELY, PLEASE
Do. Sounds like they need re adjusted.
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Louis Sterling
Dentistry - Prosthodontics
Until you get used to your braces, you can get sores on your lips or cheeks.
Return to your orthodontist for some wax to place against the offending areas. In the future, make sure that everything feels good against your tongue, lips and cheeks before you get out of the dental chair!

Dr. Louis Sterling
Dr. Louis Sterling
Dr. Shawn Murray
Dentistry
In brief: Yes call
Yes call and discuss.

In brief: Yes call
Yes call and discuss.
Dr. Shawn Murray
Dr. Shawn Murray
Dr. William Dabney
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: Brace pain
Yes but until you are seen place some wax or sugarless chewing gum over the brace that is irritating you.
Pretend you are placing a "band-aid" over the bad part.

In brief: Brace pain
Dr. William Dabney
Dr. William Dabney
Dr. Marsha Davis