My right side of my jaw hurts but not sure if its the wisdom tooth. How can I tell?

Dr. Craig Fisk
Dentistry

In brief: Hard to tell

Unfortunately, there are lots of things that could cause jaw pain.
Wisdom teeth can certainly cause that kind of pain, but so can a severe cavity, tmj, a bad bite, a jaw fracture, a jaw infection or a few other things. The only way to konw for sure is for your dentist to take a look at it, maybe take a couple of xrays.

In brief: Hard to tell

Dr. Craig Fisk
Dr. Craig Fisk

In brief: See a dentist

Jaw pain can be caused by an infected tooth, infected gums, partially erupted, impacted or infected wisdom teeth, TMJ pain, fractures, etc.
It could also be from oral cancer or any number of different diseases of the mouth or jaw. A dental examination and x-rays are necessary to make a diagnosis.

In brief: See a dentist

Dr. Daniel Rubenstein
Dr. Daniel Rubenstein
Dr. Michael Montgomery
Better be safe than sorry--have it checked by a professional.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: It's very simple

See your dentist who will do a clinical exam and along with the appropriate x-rays can determine the cause of your pain.
Even if the pain subsides, it's best to have it checked out. When was your last dental exam?

In brief: It's very simple

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Vicken Poochikian