Took Augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate) for two days for strep throat. Got diarrhea from Augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate). Doctor changed antibiotic to Omnicef. How long until diarrhea goes away?

May take a week. Prevention of antibiotic associated diarrhea has been effective when probiotics are provided when antibiotic is prescribed. After diarrhea starts, the folllowing have been shown to shorten the course: L. rhamnosus GG, S. boulardii and two mixtures, one containing L. casei DN-114 001 and the other Lactobacillus acidophilus CL1285, all have good evidence of efficacy in preventing AAD in clinical trial.
Augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate) reaction. It is variable but generally 2-3 days it will resolve. Avoid milk and milk products for a couple of days to help a rleative lactose intolerance from the insult to your bowel. :)