Has anyone ever had to arrange for hospice care for yourself?

Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Auto-hospice care
I have never done this, but there is no reason why an appropriate candidate could not make arrangements for themselves.
What matters is your medical condition, along with a physician verification, not who makes the referral. More and more we are all encouraged to do our own plannig--funeral arrangements, living wills, advanced directives. This would be one of the logical next steps.

In brief: Auto-hospice care
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Milton Mintz
a physician would have to be involved to certify his or her opinion that pt has less then 6 months to live.
Dr. Isaac Vielma
In brief: I do for patients...
I provide hospice care for patients and families, therefore i'll probably be able to answer your questions.

In brief: I do for patients...
Dr. Isaac Vielma
Dr. Isaac Vielma