Can muscle strain cause arm numbness w/ back pain? Went to dr told me I strain my muscle.

It all depends. Muscle strain/sprain are injuries to the muscle tissue that can be very painful. Some muscle injuries can cause trigger sensation which will cause pain to radiate to different areas. This are trigger points. Now, a low back injury will not cause hand numbness. Other pathologies should be ruled out and a complete physical examination and likely imaging studies should be perform if symptoms persit.