How common is oral HPV in teenage girls especially if they have already been vaccinated. ?

Dr. Julan Crane

In brief: Oral hpv

not very common and I have never seen outside of the congenital infection ages.

In brief: Oral hpv

Dr. Julan Crane
Dr. Julan Crane
Dr. Carla L. King

In brief: Not as common

Although HPV can be common among young women the majority of the infections occur in the genital area.
With unprotected sex the risk of all STI's increases which also includes HPV. The vaccine protects against four serotypes of HPV that have the highest risk of disease and cancer but there are hundreds of different serotypes, which can cause disease.

In brief: Not as common

Dr. Carla L. King
Dr. Carla L. King

In brief: Uncommon

Oral HPV is present in 3 % of adolescents but studies have shown that the HPV vaccine prevents oral infection.
see: http://www.cancer.org/cancer/news/hpv-vaccine-shown-to-protect-against-oral-form-of-infection

In brief: Uncommon

Dr. Lois Freisleben-Cook
Dr. Lois Freisleben-Cook
Dr. Ellen Altenburg

In brief: 7%

This is what I found.
7% of teenagers carry HPV in the oral cavity. The vaccine the HPV vaccine highly effective in preventing cancer caused by the strains of HPV covered by the vaccines. I couldn't find the answer to your specific question.

In brief: 7%

This is what I found.
Dr. Ellen Altenburg
Dr. Ellen Altenburg
Dr. Jalal Zuberi

In brief: Not very common

While there are more than a hundred strains of the HPV virus causing infections/lesions in mouth and genital areas, a few strains like HP 16 and 18 are responsible for the majority of infections and cancer types.
The vaccines (Gardisil and Cervirix) apparently protect against these common stereotypes of HPV. If you have questions about oral lesions pl consult an ID specialist thru your primary.

In brief: Not very common

Dr. Jalal Zuberi
Dr. Jalal Zuberi
Dr. Cindy Juster