I am approximately 3 months pregnant & currently taking prenatal & folic tablets. Should I take calcium tablets as well?

Dr. Lori Semel

In brief: Not Necessary

As long as your diet has adequate calcium in it and you are taking a good prenatal vitamin, there is no need for additional calcium supplementation.
Good Luck with your pregnancy!

In brief: Not Necessary

Good Luck with your pregnancy!
Dr. Lori Semel
Dr. Lori Semel
Dr. Meskath Uddin

In brief: You dont have to

Universal recommendation is folic acid, DHA and iron to prevent deformity of brain and spinal cord of the baby and anemia of mom. Calcium is not needed if you eat/drink adequate milk and dairy products.
Taking extra calcium 500 mg/day is no harm, but you may be constipated from both iron and Calcium. Take Calcium few hours apart from other meds since calcium can bind with other meds.

In brief: You dont have to

Dr. Meskath Uddin
Dr. Meskath Uddin
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham