How can I learn to breastfeed?

Dr. Yvonne Brouard

In brief: Read

There are many excellent books on breastfeeding, and it is very helpful to understand how it all works and what to expect before you get there.
You can try 'The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding' or 'The Nursing Mother's Companion'. Both are excellent, and can be found at bookstores or online.

In brief: Read

Dr. Yvonne Brouard
Dr. Yvonne Brouard
Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: If you have delivere

Delivered the nurses in the hospital can show u and most hospitals have a lactation consultant which is all that they do, and if u ahae not delivered most hospitals will offer a prenatal breast feeding class ask your OB for the info i automatically give all that info to all my OB patients.

In brief: If you have delivere

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Pamela Lindor

In brief: Breast is best

During pregnancy, educate yourself about breastfeeding.
Your OB is a good resource. Many hospitals have prenatal breastfeeding classes. If you can, contact a mom's group and meet some moms who are breastfeeding or have had success in the past. Make sure your partner gets educated as well.

In brief: Breast is best

Dr. Pamela Lindor
Dr. Pamela Lindor