I don't like how ROGAINE (minoxidil) has to be used forever to maintain new hair growth. BIOTIN really made my thinning hair grow, after yrs not growing. It works?

Dr. Candace Spann
Dermatology

In brief: Hair grows in cycles

Hair grows in a cycle.
There is nothing you can apply now that will maintain efficacy several cycles from now. I am a fan of biotin, and always use it as an adjunct to treatment for thinning hair. I typically recommend a dose of 3000 mcg per day to see benefit in hair growth. If you don't want to use minoxidil, I have developed a product called ReTress that also helps. Find it at sephora.com.

In brief: Hair grows in cycles

Hair grows in a cycle.
Dr. Candace Spann
Dr. Candace Spann