I have many of the symptoms of pheochromocytoma. Does this mean that I have this illness?

Dr. Timothy Ashley
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
In brief: Not necessarily
Pheochromocytoma is very, very rare, but shares some symptoms with much more common illnesses that may or may not be dangerous, including panic attacks, hyperthyroidism, and some abnormal heart rhythms, among others.
It takes a detailed history by a clinician, and sometimes blood or urine testing, to narrow down a diagnosis.

In brief: Not necessarily
Dr. Timothy Ashley
Dr. Timothy Ashley
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Probably not
The actual incidence of pheo is truly one in a million (not an exaggeration).
It is a very rare disease. The symptoms you have are unlikely to be due to pheo. If it's a concern, a simple blood and/or urine test rule it out.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine