How many glasses of fresh orange juice would I need to drink to get my daily fruit intake rec?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Depends
Orange juice is a part of a regular balanced diet.
A glass or two should be sufficient if the rest of the diet is appropriate. You need a lot more things than orange juice alone can provide. Discuss this with a nutritionist if you need specific advice.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Janet Greenhut
Preventive Medicine
In brief: Eat fruit
Juice is not the best way to get your entire recommended fruit intake because it has little or no fiber.
The recommended number of servings for adults depends on your gender, age, and activity level, but usually is 1.5-2.5 cups a day. If you do drink fruit juice, make sure it's 100% juice and not fruit drink, which has a lot of extra sugar and calories.

In brief: Eat fruit
Dr. Janet Greenhut
Dr. Janet Greenhut
Dr. Steven Seres