Diagnosed with group B strep infection? How did I get this? What are symptoms? I have a lot of watery/bloody discharge during sex. Related?

In brief: Common pest

Group b strep is a periodic visitor to the digestive tract and at any given time 30% of women may have it show up on a vaginal swab.
Except for it's well known nasty habit of hurting newborns & occasionally causing urinary tract infections it can be just a benign hitchhiker in your system. If you have urinary symptoms antibiotic treatment may be helpful, but rarely eliminates this germ permanently

In brief: Common pest

Dr. Shontae Buffington