How does smoking affect oral cancer?

Tobacco affects. Tobacco affects the cells lining the mouth, throat and lungs and causes changes in the cells that results in the formation of cancer.
Tobacco=Carcinogen. Tobacco smoke causes oral cancer, lung cancer, throat cancer, and is involved in so many other cancers. If you have never smoked, don't start. If you do smoke, quit yesterday.
Increases. As with lung cancer, the chemicals in cigarettes increase risk of developing mouth (oral) cancer. If you still continue to smoke, be aware of development of differing colors of the inside of your mouth as it maybe cancerous. Also smoking promotes tooth decay and gingivitis due to drying of teeth and from harsh chemicals. Talk with your doctor if you are worried.
Increases. Smoking and smokeless (chewing) tobacco increases the risk of oral cancer. This can involve any part of the oral cavity - lips, tongue, inside of mouth (palate, buccal mucosae), jaw, and throat.