I have swelling on both sides of my rt foot around the joint area. Very painful to touch and put pressure on the foot any thoughts?

Dr. Howard Shapiro

In brief: Maybe gout

what you are describing may be gout.
That can be inherited or be the result of medical problems or medicines. It is extremely painful and easily treated. There are other possibilities as well. Call your physician this morning

In brief: Maybe gout

what you are describing may be gout.
Dr. Howard Shapiro
Dr. Howard Shapiro
Dr. Scott Keith
Wouldn't it be great to know which joint?
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: Gouch.

Gout can affect several joints in the foot.
Typically you will not only have pain with even the slightest touch but your foot will be extremely warm. You can feel this heat 6 inches away. An odd red color may also be present. If this is indeed the problem, you need to consulted on how to keep it under control.

In brief: Gouch.

Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Peter Kurzweil