I'm on 10mg of Lexapro (escitalopram) a day and I can not sleep to save my life. I'm so tired I can't stand it. Is it safe for me to take 2 Advil pm?

Dr. Tanya Russo

In brief: No interaction

It would be unlikely for these medications to interact with one another if taken in recommended doses.
Since some people find that the diphenhydramine makes them feel groggy in the morning, melatonin may be another option to consider as a sleep aid.

In brief: No interaction

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: What time of day

What time of day do you take the lexapro (escitalopram).
Sometimes it can interfer with your sleep if you take it at night, Then you take it in the morning. This is something you need to discuss with your physician and you may need a sleep evaluation or even a sleep study.

In brief: What time of day

In brief: Probably

But if the lexapro (escitalopram) is sedating you - would take that at night.
Have you considered melatonin instead of advil pm?

In brief: Probably

Dr. Peter Kurzweil