How do I prevent oral cancer ?

Dr. Harlan Wilson
Dentistry
In brief: Will help
Do not smoke or chew or put tobacco in your mouth and do not drink 5 or more beers a day or the equivalent amount of alcohol- alcohol and smoking cause cancer.
There are other ways you can get cancer, like working in an unhealthy environment like asbestos your parents may have passed a predisposed chance for cancer. Live healthy and you live a long healthy life.

In brief: Will help
Dr. Harlan Wilson
Dr. Harlan Wilson
Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dentistry
In brief: No one way works
You can prevent or help prevent oral cancer by not smoking, don't use smokeless tobacco and avoid any sort of chemical exposure that you might take in thru your mouth? Sometimes and lately in my practice I have seen a few cases of oral cancer that just appeared without any of the previously causative agents a factor. Sometimes it is just genetic or environmental in ways we don't expect.

In brief: No one way works
Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dr. Daniel Sampson
Human papilloma virus has also been identified as a separate, ndependent risk factor.
Dr. Timothy Ashley
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
In brief: Avoid tobacco
The most common and important modifiable risk factor is tobacco use, including all forms of smoked and smokeless tobacco.
Avoid all tobacco products if you want to avoid oral cancer. Alcohol use has also been associated, though the association is less strong. Good oral hygiene can help avoid decay that can mask symptoms. See a dentist regularly, as visual screening is part of the regular checkup.

In brief: Avoid tobacco
Dr. Timothy Ashley
Dr. Timothy Ashley
Dr. Steven Seres