What is the difference between art therapy vs art psychotherapy?

Dr. Missid Ghanem
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Synonymous
Art therapy is aform of psychotherapy that uses art media as its primary mode of communication.
It is practiced by qualified, registered art therapists. Art therapy and art psychotherapy are used interchangeably.

In brief: Synonymous
Dr. Missid Ghanem
Dr. Missid Ghanem
Dr. Lily Bhattacharya
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Art therapy
may be done medical people like RN's and LCSWs in medical settings.
Art psychotherapy would be done by psychologists (Phd or PsyD) as they learn techniques and often the research behind the techniques. That is the only difference I can think of. I do art psychotherapy in my practice.

In brief: Art therapy
Dr. Lily Bhattacharya
Dr. Lily Bhattacharya
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Art Work
Art work can denote to art therapy as well as psychotherapy.

In brief: Art Work
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Richard Levenson
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Art Therapy
Is there such a thing as art psychotherapy? I'd like to see the research on that.
However, art therapy is a bona-fide therapy for adults and children who have difficulty expressing themselves through verbal means.

In brief: Art Therapy
Dr. Richard Levenson
Dr. Richard Levenson
Dr. Steven Seres